Archive

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cairns!



Hey everyone!

Here are some more pictures from my last two weeks of activities.  This past week was mid-semester break so I headed up to Cairns (pronounced 'keens' in Queensland) for a few days to check out the Great Barrier Reef.  That's one less thing on my bucket list!




Departure from the airport.  Cheap JetStar tickets means small seats!

This is a 'strangler fig'.  It starts as a vine growing up a tree and over time it eventually looks like this.  

This is the best picture I could get from a fruit orchard in Queensland.  There were some pretty exotic fruits and the only one I remember is 'wattleberry'.

Proof that I actually was there.  The background is somewhere near Cape Tribulation, so named by Captain Cook upon first arrival.

Queensland Turkey.  

Swimming in a river in the Rainforest.



As you can see there is a lot of water so I was very careful with my camera.  That is the reason why I don't have any pictures of me snorkeling Great Barrier Reef or swimming through a giant waterfall.  Overall a fun, exciting and rainy few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment